Tuesday, November 26, 2019

New Job - Observation Two - the Wall Street Journal

As noted earlier, I took a new job with a different department in the County.  This post refers to the pre-morning day.  In my previous job working extra hours was the norm for me and half the office. 

In my new position, I find that the atmosphere is more relaxed.  Please do not misunderstand me, I am in no way implying that the staff in my new department do not work as hard, they do.  

I continue to receive the Wall Street Journal (WJS), an excellent business publication.  It is a cornerstone of business news.  In my previous position, I would read it on-line and usually in the evening.  

Now, I read the newspaper at my desk. I get to work early, pour a cup of coffee, and read the newspaper. Reading the newspaper edition is far more preferable.  The on-line version gives you headlines by subject.  The newspaper version you get to read (or not) each page and glance at the headlines.  I found I read articles I may have missed on the electronic version. It is also something unique to hear the paper swoosh when I turn a page and the sound of the paper crinkles as I straighten the page out when I find an article of interest.  When I find an article an acquaintance may enjoy, I email it to them. 

It is a great way to spend the first few minutes at my desk before the work crunch starts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment