Tuesday, November 26, 2019

New Job -Observation One - AM Emails

I recently took a new job with the Prince William County Dept. of Development Services.  It handles permitting of facilities and structures in the County.  Before that I was with County economic development department.  

One unique aspect of moving between departments in the County is you lose your email address. It is for security reasons.  

At first, I was unhappy. Over the past eight years this was my email address and all my clients knew it. It also was the user name for most of my business subscriptions. Changing all that was a monumental hassle. 

Before I moved to my new job I would get between 20-30 emails a day in my inbox before 8 am.  Checking my inbox was the first thing I did every morning.  Usually I would answer several before I left for the office. 

Now, I get between 1-2 emails in the morning.  I enjoy the morning much more.  It is far more leisurely and I enjoy drinking coffee, breakfast, and watching "Morning Joe."  And I do not check my emails first thing in the morning anymore.

It is a great way to start the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment