Friday, May 13, 2011

Robert Penn Warren's Childhood Home

I was in TN on business. On the way home I stopped in Guthrie, KY to visit the childhood home of Robert Penn Warren.  Robert Penn Warren was an accomplished poet and author. He won the Pulitzer Prize for his novel "All the King's Men."  If you have not seen the movie or read the book, I suggest that you do. The movie is supposedly based on the late LA senator Huey Long (Warren denies this).  It is a fascinating character study.  The transformation of Willy Stark is really an impressive piece of work.






These are photos I took during my tour.  It was a very small home.  The lady that gave the tour demonstrated considerable expertise about the home and the life of Robert Penn Warren. The last photo is a brass door hinge, very unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment