Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lunch with my daughter

My daughter and I had a dental cleaning at the same time. After our cleaning, we had to take the car to the mechanic and then get my wife's car.

After all that fun we went to lunch. By this time it was pretty apparent that she would not make it back to school. So I decided to have a leisurely lunch. The restaurant had only one other group eating.  It was quiet. Best of all, her friends were in school so no texting. In a nutshell, no distractions.

It is amazing how much you learn when you are not in a hurry and are actually interested in what your child has to say.  I continue to be amazed at her observation skills and how she resents people talking bad about others. Perhaps a trait I most admire, she looks for the good in people. 

She made the high school cheer team. She shows alot of thought about that. In order to keep performing at a level she expects, she wants to continue with gym classes and tumbling.

She also decided she wants to start running. Her brother took her, he runs on the high school track team and also cross country.  It was hard on her. 

What I learned is how smart she is. She also realizes things she needs to learn, like what exactly is a tax and why do we pay for it. That was an interesting discussion.

I may not get another opportunity like this, but I sure enjoyed this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment