Saturday, March 3, 2012

Running the VA Creeper Trail with My Son

From those of you that read my previous post, you know my family had a fun trip to Abingdon, VA. We stayed at the Creepers End Lodge.  Link:  http://www.virginiacreepersendlodgingabingdonva.com/

My son and I ran the VA Creeper Trail.

I say ran together, but not really. Now please understand, we are both runners, he runs for his high school, I am a recent runner.  This is a pic of the entrance to the VA Creeper Trail.  At the bridge we started running. He took off like a rabbit. I now realize I have more of a jog than a run. My son had a run.  Like I said, he took off and I followed as best I could.  

 Another pic of the VA Creeper Trail. 
 A final pic of the VA Creeper Trail. 
As you can see, it is a beautiful trail, even in the winter.  It sure make me want to see it in the spring or summer.  


Back to my running story.  By the time I caught up with him, he was running back. He stopped and we walked back. We talked about the scenery, the homes by the trail, school, and his thoughts on going to college.  He has given college alot of thought. I was very impressed with his thinking process and kindness toward his friends and others.  While I will not go into any details, I can say how proud I am of him and the young man he has become. He will be someone you will be pleased to have as a friend.  



No comments:

Post a Comment