Sunday, November 27, 2011

Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Well, it finally happen.  I am truly afraid.

Since you are an avid reader of my blog and more than likely a friend, you may ask why?
  • It is the European financial situation. No.
  • It is the decline of the U.S. stock market? No.
  • Is it because the housing market continues to sputter? No.
  • Is it because the U.S. job growth continues to stall? No.
  • Is it due to the downgrading of the U.S. debt? No.
  • Is it related to China? No.
  • Is it due to the failure of the Congressional super committee to cut $1.2 trillion from a projected $44 trillion expenditure over 10 years? No and I could have told you it would fail.
  • Is it because the new season of American Idol starts in January? Is that show still on and no.
So just what is it?  My son taught my daughter how to drive.  He took her to the same church parking lot I taught James.  It is a really big lot that offers several driving options.

Now I know my son is a very good teacher and very patient.  She could not have asked for a better teacher than him.  He is very conscious about safety and even waited to get his license because he was not sure he was ready. Of course that is half the equation. The other half is my daughter. 

She is determined, smart, impatient, and hard headed.  She equates driving a car to driving a golf cart.  She multi-tasks.

In all fairness, I should withhold judgement since I have not been in a car with her, but I will soon.  She deserves the opportunity to demonstrate how good a driver she is.  Perhaps her first driving lesson with me will rid me of the chill I get every time I think of her behind the wheel of a car. Hope springs eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment