Tuesday, May 22, 2018

I’ve Been Everywhere - by Johnny Cash

This is not about Mr. Cash, but it is a great theme song for this post.  I ran across an article in Bloomberg BusinessWeek on people who move to a place instead of a job.  The title of the article is "Moving to a Place Instead of a Job."  

Back in my college day, I had friends from all over the U. S. who attended various universities and did not want to move from the university town. That is what I thought when I first read title.  I was wrong.  

The article focuses on people (mainly renters) who chose to live in a city first, then start applying for jobs.  This concept is somewhat foreign to me. I cannot conceive of living in a place before I had a job.  

However, it appeals to many individuals.  Frankly, I cannot do the article justice. And I was surprised at the cities of choice, until I read the article. And that is what I encourage you to do. 

Link to the article:  https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-05-18/cities-need-workers-to-move-for-the-location-not-the-job

Link to Mr. Cash's song:  https://youtu.be/ov4epAJRPMw

No comments:

Post a Comment