Sunday, September 23, 2012

Why I Like Chick-fil-A

And no, not for the reasons recently noted in the media lately.
I recently went for an early morning bike ride.  Unfortunately I needed to stop at the bike store for a part.  The bike store did not open for 45 minutes.  So I went to Chick-fil-A for a light breakfast. 
Before I go into this, Chick-fil-A is one of the favored restaurants by my fellow employees.  Face it, the chicken sandwiches are good and who does not enjoy waffle fries.  The price is very reasonable.
No doubt you have experienced the same circumstances I have at a fast food restaurant.  You are in somewhat of a hurry, you are with friends talking, you do not really pay much attention to your surroundings.  And if you are alone, you are on the phone or reading or Tweeting or checking your email accounts or on Facebook or any combination of these.
When I went to Chick-fil-A before my bike ride, I did not have anything to read or my phone.  Unlike so many others, when I run or ride my bike I prefer to listen to the sounds around me, not music.  So, for over 40 minutes I just observed the restaurant and the employees. First, the facility is very clean.  It is kid friendly.
The employees are exceeding polite and well dressed. And they smile a lot.  The males wear ties, but it is not a uniform. So you can show some level of individuality.  The employees bring you your food and ask you if you want anything else.  Perhaps most interesting, any employee who walks by and thinks you are finished will ask if they can take the tray and garbage.  This company has an excellent hiring program.  It occurred to me as I was sitting at the restaurant that every time I have been to a Chick-fil-A, it is the same.
But most importantly, the iced tea is so good. And they offer sweet and regular tea. Since you will ask, yes, I am a Southerner, and no, I do not drink sweet tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment