Monday, December 21, 2020

Permitting – Please Normandy, Missouri, Say it Isn’t So

Every so often I read about a permitting story that makes me roll my eyes. This one is courtesy of INC magazine and Ms. Suzanne Lucas. She has written about other, shall we say unique, permitting practices. 

It appears in Normandy, Missouri that the effort to be a good neighbor during winter requires a permit. Yes, if you want to shovel your neighbor’s driveway, you must have a permit.  The reason, if I understood the piece correctly, was odd to me.  

If I put it in the article you would doubt my sanity or my ability to comprehend a written piece. However, since an elective body did this, then it is certainly believable. I suggest you read the article; I provided a link below.  

Ms. Lucas also points out other strange license and permit requirements. Take a look, you will either roll your eyes, laugh, or shake your head.  If I missed one, I am sure I will need a permit to offer these and other reactions. 

Link to article:  https://www.inc.com/suzanne-lucas/missouri-you-need-a-permit-to-shovel-grandmas-snow.html?cid=search

No comments:

Post a Comment