Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Warriors

Recently I read a Fortune article about the Golden State Warriors.  Now I am not much of a basketball fan, but I am now of Steve Kerr.
Coach Kerr instills a sense of values into his team and I suspect he recruits with those values in mind.  As you read this article you will find several aspects that can cut across numerous segments that has more than one employee and stresses team work.  Examples are business,  education, non-profit work, volunteerism, etc.  His rules are simple:
  1. Have fun
  2. Care for each other
  3. Cooperation is the key
Simple rules, yes.  A challenge to practice on a continued basis?  Likely.  Of course I know someone will ask which is the most important. I cannot speak for Coach Kerr, but my answer would be all three.  In fact, I doubt any two could survive on its own.
As you read the article, give some thought to your work environment.  Perhaps ask the following questions:
  1. First and most importantly, could you subscribe to this culture?
  2. If so, would you commit to follow it every day?
  3. Does this culture start with the leader?
  4. Are my co-workers on the same path?
  5. When hiring new staff, should we be mindful of our culture and is this person a good fit?
  6. If so, what questions can we ask that will help us identify a person who shares these values?
This is a link to the article. Enjoy.
http://fortune.com/2015/12/22/nba-golden-state-warriors/
And GO WARRIORS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment